Why Youth Work is Needed?
Young American Muslims are one of the fastest growing demographics in the U.S. 37% of American Muslims are under the age of 30.
- Only 10% of youth said they felt comfortable in the Masjid
- Only 7% of female Muslim youth feel comfortable reaching out to their Imam
- Only 21% of male Muslim youth feel comfortable reaching out to their Imam
What Kind of Work Does it Require?
Youth & Young Adults
- Increased local Resources
- Youth-led Service Projects
- National Youth Training
- National Monthly Programs
- National Yearly Conference, Retreat & Camps
- International Service Learning Trip
- Partnership Building
- Consultation Service
- Program and Curriculum Packets
- National Affiliation Network
- Content & Resource Providers
- Training of Trainers Program
- Professional Development Workshops and Videos
- Yearly Support
Invest & Hire
- Raise initial round of funding support
- Hire a full-time Program Manager to plan, implement & oversee MAS-D youth programs .
- Develop and produce ready-to-use program and curriculum packets
- Design and initiate comprehensive online resource platform
Connect & Serve
- Initiate professional training and consultation services
- Expand upon current partnerships with MAS Chapters
- Establish masjid partnerships