To move people to strive for God-consciousness, liberty and justice, and to convey Islam with utmost clarity.
That is what the Muslim American Society is about and that is exactly what we strive for every day.
MAS Detroit is the Detroit, Michigan chapter of the National non-profit organization, Muslim American Society. To learn more about MAS National, please click on the MAS National link on the left.
How we do it?
Here in Detroit, MAS focuses most on the tarbiyah (development) of its members and the community at large. All our events, activities, and projects revolve around this element. We believe that all permanent good in the society roots from how well individuals are developed.
What we do?
At the core of our tarbiyah process is our usrah system. Usrah (also known as Connect) is a study group system where individuals are connected with other individuals and a leader while they study together through a well defined curriculum.
MAS Detroit also has various departments that make things happen on the ground:
- Tarbiyah department oversees the development component in all that we do
- Social committee focuses on the logistics of socialization events
- Youth department has special ongoing projects that focus on the youth
- Communication department is responsible for internal and external communication of the chapter
We are also currently working on a defining project for the chapter. Details will be added as they are released.
Who we are?
Meet the chapter council of MAS Detroit
- Mohammad Badr Ateya (President)
- Mohamed El-Fakharany (Tarbiyah Director)
- Saamih Bashir (Social Director)
- Mudassir Hameed (Communication Director)
- Ammany Elgahmi (Youth Director)
- Ahmed Abou Elella (Finance Officer)
- Malek Menad (Membership Officer)
- Mariam Khatib
Where we are?
MAS currently operates in the following areas in Michigan
- Metro Detroit
- Ann Arbor (near future)
What is in it for you?
- Join the team: Be part of an exemplary community that is present all over the U.S.
- Support financially: Earn a great reward from the Creator (Most High) for supporting this community of exceptional brothers and sisters working for the best cause
How to get in touch?
- Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why don't you stay in touch?
We would be honored if you decide to stay in touch. Please visit and like our facebook page (link on the left bar). Or enter your email address in the box below and hit susbscribe.